ELVEN is the second full-scale NFT project from young artist Yasmeen Suleiman, following her highly successful 1/1 project, #NFTeacups which launched in May 2021. Yasmeen has featured on the GEN-Z Kids Art Show showcasing her NFT art and has also built a name for herself within the VR art community – featuring on multiple shows and even delivering live VR art demonstrations on stage at the World Trade Centre in Dubai. ELVEN is her first generative art project and was developed in collaboration with the acclaimed Rutz Studios and Metaphysics.
ELVEN is a collection of 6000 randomly generated elven girls with more than a 100 different traits. The artwork is all hand-drawn by Yasmeen and based on an original style of character she has been sketching, painting and doodling since she was 10 years old.
Not a Roadmap But A Journey
We are very conscious that the NFT community has become inundated with generative projects making ever-more incredible and unrealistic claims as a part of their “roadmap.” We do not want to take this approach for several reasons:
- Quite simply, we would rather under-promise and over-deliver.
- We understand that most NFT collectors are splitting their time and attention across a vast range of projects.
- We believe that a lot of the things that are being promised on roadmaps are of little to no interest to the majority of their collectors.
- The NFT space moves SO quickly and it is better to be adaptable than tied down to out-dated promises.
- Yasmeen is still young and she will want to move on to new projects and experiences – not be tied down to the same IP forever.
So we are going to do things a little differently.
There is no roadmap.
Instead we welcome you on a journey with us.
Please don’t get us wrong here – there will definitely be utility to the NFTs in the ELVEN collection – but we will adapt and innovate along the way as long as the community is breathing life into the project.
So how will the journey begin?
Chapter 1 – The Build-Up
The build up to the ELVEN launch will include a variety of giveaways, games and live drawings sessions by Yasmeen. Most of this will take place here in the Yasmeen’s Universe server but also make sure to follow @theartofYasmeen on Twitter for updates and additional content.
The Pre-sale & Whitelisting We don’t believe that forcing all collectors to have to fight for the chance to buy NFTs at a specific time on a specific day is a good idea. We have missed out on multiple drops ourselves just due to the time zone we live in. As such, an extended pre-sale period will be available in the lead up to the launch for those that would like to reserve a limited number of ELVEN in advance of the public sale.
Rewards for Early Supporters of Yasmeen’s Work All holders of Yasmeen’s #NFTeacups as well as holders of her Unique Art and Digital Art Collections will be able to claim one free ELVEN NFT for each one they own. As such, if you own 5 #NFTeacups, you will receive 5 free ELVEN.
Chapter 2 – The Art Contest
A very special addition to the ELVEN journey was the unique Community Art Contest concept. Entrants use a blank ELVEN template to design their own character and submit as per your typical NFT art contest.... but then we mint every entry to a special ELVEN Community collection and airdrop them back to the original artists! They then have to decide if they want to keep their creations or sell them.
The first wave of the ELVEN Community Art Contest began and ended before the public launch and you can see them in elven-art-contest. Future waves will open after the main drop.
Chapter 3 – The Launch
The public sale of ELVEN will begin at 3pm UTC on September 27th 2021 – which is also Yasmeen’s 13th birthday! Each ELVEN will cost 0.025 ETH + gas and collectors will be able to mint a maximum of 25 in one transaction.
Throughout the launch (starting with the pre-sale), 10 special giveaways will be triggered:
- At 10% minted – 5 randomly selected holders will be airdropped a free ELVEN
- At 20% minted – one lucky holder will be randomly selected to win a custom 1/1 ELVEN which Yasmeen will design just for them!
- At 30% minted – Another 5 holders will be randomly selected to be airdropped a free ELVEN
- At 40% minted – a second lucky holder will be randomly selected to win a custom 1/1 ELVEN which Yasmeen will design just for them!
- At 50% minted – Another 5 holders will be randomly selected to be airdropped a free ELVEN
- At 60% minted – a third lucky holder will be randomly selected to win a custom 1/1 ELVEN which Yasmeen will design just for them!
- At 70% minted – Another 5 holders will be randomly selected to be airdropped a free ELVEN
- At 80% minted – a fourth lucky holder will be randomly selected to win a custom 1/1 ELVEN which Yasmeen will design just for them!
- At 90% minted – Another 5 holders will be randomly selected to be airdropped a free ELVEN
- At 100% minted – a fifth and final lucky holder will be randomly selected to win a custom 1/1 ELVEN which Yasmeen will design just for them!
Chapter 4 – The Auction Series
One of the things that Yasmeen enjoyed the most during the #NFTeacups project was collaborating with other artists in the NFT community on some really special pieces. For ELVEN she is taking things to a new level – after the collection launches, a series of 12 auctions will begin for unique 1/1 ELVEN pieces created by some truly exceptional artists.
These auctions are 100% non-profit and all proceeds raised will be donated to charities chosen by Yasmeen and her family More information on this coming very soon.
Please note: Both the custom and collab ELVEN will be minted directly into a separate collection called ELVEN: Customs and Collabs. These will all be 1/1 and not use any of the regular traits from the main collection.
Chapter 5 – What Comes Next
This is the part we will keep shrouded in mystery for now. Do we have ideas? Of course – but the world of NFTs could look very different by the time the dust settles on the ELVEN drop. So let’s leave that page unturned for now and appreciate the collection for what it is - incredible art by one of the most talented young artists on the planet.
What we will say though is this..... Just as holders of #NFTeacups and Yasmeen’s other earlier collections will be rewarded during the launch of ELVEN, holders of this project will be rewarded in future collections from Yasmeen.